Did you know that most of our readers prefer to work with Lemonade for their tenant insurance needs?
Ready to consider renters insurance options in Austin? You’re not the only one – the Austin tenant insurance market has 475,200 tenants.
We’ve put together all the information you need to make an informed decision. Read on for your guide to the best tenant insurance in Austin.
Best Insurance Providers For Renters In Austin
It’s time to do a little comparison now that you know what home insurance entails. Check out our top picks.
Advertised as “Powered by Technology and Driven by Social Good,” this company donates the remaining funds from your insurance pool to a charity of your choice.
Lemonade offers quick online quotes and relatively affordable prices.
Lemonade’s emphasis on transparency and the automated complaints process makes it a simple and straightforward choice.
get a quote
securely via Lemonade website
Smooth complaints process
Lemonade Insurance Company is a new player in Tenant insurance. It has become a popular choice because it uses technology to simplify purchasing insurance and paying claims.
You can enjoy the full Lemonade experience using its mobile app or website. To purchase a font, Lemonade walks you through a short and easy application. When applying, you can determine your deductible and adjust it for areas that require more coverage. For example, if you have expensive electronics, you might want to increase your coverage above the default to make sure you can replace them if a worst-case scenario occurs.
Another feature that sets Lemonade apart is its Giveback program. When you get a lemonade policy, you choose a nonprofit organization to support. There are many charities to choose from, including the American Red Cross, UNICEF, Teach For America, ACLU, and The Trevor Project. On the premiums you pay each month, Lemonade pays its expenses and pays the indemnities. All remaining bonuses will go to the charity of your choice. Lemonade donated over $ 1 million in 2020 through its Giveback program.
Lemonade is ideal for those who are comfortable communicating and filing complaints through the app or website. There is no publicly available customer service number; If you have any questions about Lemonade, you can contact us through the app or by clicking the “Help” button at the bottom of the website.
Lemonade is also not available in all states. His Tenant insurance is available in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma , Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin.
Learn more about Lemonade Renter Insurance in this review.
- Tenants who want a straightforward application process
- Tenants comfortable with the use of applications
- Tenants who wish to support charities through the companies they work with
- Easy app that you can complete using the app
- Quick and hassle-free claims process
- Supports charities
- Not available in all states
- Customer service is only available through the app or website
Jetty “lives” in the city and has built her offerings with city dwellers in mind. Jetty offers affordable tenant insurance that protects everything you own and keeps you with you when you travel. Jetty adapts each plan to each client using algorithms and data. You can choose to accessorize your plan to make it more personalized. Jetty is new to the insurance scene, but has a strong connection to the National Specialty Insurance Company, which has received an A rating by AM Best.
Jetty customers also get discounts on select brands – Casper mattresses, Blue Apron meal delivery, Snowe home essentials, and Laurel & Wolf online home decor. No agents, no paperwork. Jetty provides the tenant insurance you need quickly and hassle-free.
Jetty takes a unique approach to Tenant insurance. To purchase a Jetty policy, you must rent from a Jetty partner property. If you rent at any of these properties, you can access Pier Renters Insurance.
Pier Renters Insurance covers your basic needs. It includes personal property and civil liability insurance. Jetty also offers Power-Ups, which is its name for any endorsements you can add to your base policy.
If you’re renting from a Jetty partner property, getting a quote is easy. You get a link from your leasing agent, then go online. You can get a quote and request a font from the Jetty website in minutes.
Jetty manages complaints internally with a dedicated team. Although this is a new venture, it has partnered with insurance companies that have been around for years: State National Insurance Company and National Specialty Insurance Company.
Jetty is ideal for renters moving to a property partnered with Jetty who prefer an online insurance experience.
In addition to Tenant insurance, Jetty also offers Jetty Deposit, which replaces a traditional cash deposit with either a one-off refundable fee or a low, non-refundable monthly payment. This makes moving into a new apartment more affordable. To use Jetty Deposit, you agree not to damage the apartment beyond normal wear and tear. If you cause excessive damage and fail to pay for it, Jetty can recover the cost from you.
Learn more about Jetty in this review.
- Tenants moving into a partner property of Jetty
- Renters who prefer an online insurance experience
- Offers a range of endorsements
- Easy application process
- Only available at Jetty’s partner properties
- Not available in all states
Renters Insurance in Austin: An Overview
According to city data, the available rental properties break down as follows:
- Single-family, multi-family or owner-occupied duplex rentals
- Single-family or duplex rentals not occupied by their owner
- Multi-family rentals not occupied by their owner
RentCafe’s 2018 report found that 51.3% of Austin residents are renters.
Average Annual Renter Premium in Austin
Benzinga said the average annual insurance premium for tenants in Texas is about $ 268, or $ 22 per month. Overall, you can expect renters insurance to cost anywhere from $ 15 to $ 20 per month in Austin. It’s cheaper than most of the rest of the state because it’s less prone to hurricanes.
You may be able to save money through discounts, including:
- Security devices: Save money by installing a wired fire alarm or security system.
- Without complaint: If you have not filed a complaint for several years, you may benefit from a discount.
- Automatic payment: Many companies give you a 5% discount if you sign up for automatic withdrawals from a credit card or bank account.
- Multi-policy: Buying more than one type of insurance from the same insurer may give you a discount.
Explanation of tenant insurance coverage
Renters’ insurance breaks down into 3 different types of protection, according to the Insurance Information Institute. Tenant insurance covers:
- Personal possessions, which include clothing, furniture or digital devices. These are protected against disasters such as vandalism, explosion, theft, lightning or fire. Floods and earthquakes must be protected by additional insurance. Make sure you take a detailed inventory of your belongings and their estimated value.
- Liability protection protects against legal action for property damage, bodily injury and damage to pets. This covers damage to other people’s property, not yours. Liability also covers legal costs, and its limits typically start at around $ 100,000, although some experts recommend purchasing at least $ 300,000 of protection. A more expensive but more comprehensive alternative is a supplemental liability plan, which offers $ 1 million for $ 200 to $ 350 in premiums per year.
- Additional living expenses can also be covered. These policies close the gap to pay for living expenses in a disaster or emergency, including temporary rentals, hotel bills, restaurant meals, or other costs associated with rebuilding your home.
Don’t leave yourself vulnerable in Austin
Most landlords require tenants to carry tenant insurance, and the right policy can be invaluable if a disaster robs you of your possessions or your home. Remember, many homeowners require tenants to purchase home insurance.
Get some competitive quotes today to protect your property with tenant insurance.
Lemonade Renters is part of Lemonade home insurance, providing quick and easy coverage through their seamless application and claims process. Protect yourself and your personal belongings with Lemonade Tenant Insurance.